Tax Planning & Preparation
Tax planning and preparation is our passion. We care about helping people structure their personal and business situation to lower their tax burden. Our five CPAs and one Enrolled Agent have cumulatively over 170 years of tax preparation, planning and research experience. We have expertise in the following areas:
- Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Sole Proprietorships
- Partnership Tax Preparation
- C Corporation Tax Preparation
- S Corporation Tax Preparation
- Estate Tax Preparation
- Multi State Income Tax
Audited, Reviewed and Compiled Financial Statements
We have many years of experience preparing audited, reviewed and compiled financial statements. We recently completed our outside peer review required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and earned an unmodified peer review opinion with no letter of comment (the best report). (Please see letter and certificate below)
We have recently audited or reviewed clients in the following industries:
- Real Estate
- Non Profit
- Service Industry
We prepare compiled financial statements for many of our clients including but not limited to the following industries:
- Automobile and Motorcycle Repair
- Dry Cleaning Service
- Equipment Manufacturing, Sales and Installation
- Hair Styling and Beauty Salon
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Law Firms
- Legal Temporary Service Provider
- Pet Grooming
- Physician – Dermatology
- Physician – Family Practice
- Professional Services
- Real Estate Developer
- Retail Stores
Small Business Accounting Services
We offer the full range of other accounting services to help keep your business running smoothly. Our bookkeeping services include Monthly Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations, Payroll Tax Preparation and Review, Budgets and Sales Tax Consulting & Preparation. We realize most small businesses can not afford a full-time accountant but still need the expertise at times.
- Monthly Financial Statements: These give you timely business reporting so you can act on a problem or seize an opportunity before it is too late. Monthly, we look at your financial position so we can alert you to those areas that need your attention. Watching your bottom line can often help improve it.
- Bank Reconciliations: We can reconcile your bank balance every month and advise you of any bank charges, bank errors, or arithmetic mistakes so you know your exact cash availability.
- Payroll Tax Preparation and Review: Our staff is knowledgeable in the latest payroll regulations to assist you in preparation and/or review your payroll transactions. We reconcile the quarterly information to prepare your quarterly federal and state payroll reports.
- We also can prepare your annual Forms W-2, Forms 1099 and federal reports.
- Budgets: We can help you create a plan of action for the year. Throughout the year we can track the progress you are making toward your goals.
- Sales Tax Consulting and Preparation: Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes in many different municipalities. We can assist your company in the compilation of information and preparation of sales tax reports in an efficient and timely manner. We can also assist your staff in the proper interpretation of the very complex sales tax regulations.
Business Formation and Start Up
Many important decisions and financial commitments are involved in starting a new business. We can assist you as you start your new business or purchase an existing business. Deciding on the type of entity is a very crucial one. Do you want to be organized as a sole proprietorship (Schedule C), S Corporation, C Corporation, partnership or do you want to be an LLC taxed as any of these entities? The tax effects can be dramatic without careful consideration and thoughtful planning.
We can help you apply for ID numbers with the various federal, state and local agencies. These include your federal identification numbers, state and local sales tax and employment tax identification numbers.
We can help you set up your books and help train you on QuickBooks.
Business Acquisition and Disposition
We have many years of experience in assisting clients in purchasing or sale of a business. We help look at the books of the business that is being considered for acquisition. We tie the business financial statement to the accounting records, to the bank statements, the payroll tax reports, the sales tax reports and to the income tax returns.
Cash Flow Analysis: We help the purchaser look at the anticipated cash flow to see if the business meets their expectation.
Tax Planning and Asset Allocation: In every business purchase there is an asset allocation form required to be reported to the IRS by both the seller and the buyer. We help to structure this asset allocation list so that it is most favorable to our client. Likewise, the form of doing business that is best for the client may be difficult in each situation. Should the business be a sole proprietorship (Schedule C), C Corp, S Corp or partnership or an LLC taxed as any of these entities? We help you determine the best tax strategy for your individual situation.
IRS Audit Representation
As a valued client we will be available to assist you in dealing with the IRS and other taxing authorities. We will represent you and assist you in preparing for audits and appeals conferences. Although, only a small number of our clients get audited, we have decades of experience in dealing with the IRS. Often we meet with the IRS directly on your behalf. Our many years of study, research and involvement with the tax laws enable us to present your case in the best possible perspective to the IRS.
The firm has extensive experience in the area of Not-For-Profit organizations including filing for exempt status, meeting federal reporting guidelines, developing and implementing fund accounting systems and creation and use of budgets. We prepare both reviewed and audited financial statements for several non-profit entities.
Our Firm can provide valuable assistance in establishing, maintaining or expanding current banking relationships. We assist you to professionally organize and prepare your all-important banking proposal.
We understand the difficulty of managing your own business. We have found QuickBooks software to be intuitive bookkeeping software which works well with our existing infrastructure. We will help set up your chart of accounts and train you on entering your bookkeeping information in the QuickBooks program. The training is usually one on one so you will be able to walk away with a good understanding of the program and implement procedures to keep your financials correct and current. We can create or use your existing books for training purposes. We then give you a copy of the new data file for your use in your system.